Monday, August 11, 2008

The accidental gardener.....




This is my compost pile. That I have been neglecting.

I usually have my husband throw the food into the compost pile and I haven't been back there in a while.

The other day my husband informed me that we have tomatoes growing in the compost pile!!

Imagine that!

They are roma tomatoes and must be from the tomatoes we threw in there last year.

I didn't believe him at first til I went back there and looked.

Sure enough we have compost tomatoes!! They are small and I don't know if they wil even get grown enough before a frost comes, but we'll see!

3 comments:

bp said...

Isn't it fun to find a surprise growing in the compost! We have pumpkins in ours. DH pulled the first one last week. They're small pumpkins.

Candice said...

Hey girl! I tagged you on my blog, check it out. xo

Longevity said...

Haha, whoops! It's funny that that did happen, Mom!