Saturday, August 23, 2008

Garmin



This is Garmin. Garmin is a GPS for driving directions.

I am pretty good with directions and I don't really need Garmin around here.

My husband bought Garmin last year and we have used it a handful of times.

My Mom and I took a quick trip to her hometown.

I have driven this road to her hometown hundreds of times, but my husband had me bring Garmin with.

We both got a laugh from Garmin when we veered off the directed path.

To both of us it sounded like Garmin was exasperated that we went off path.

It would say in the robotic, exasperated voice "recalculating" to give us a new direction.

We looked at the house she was born in and a house where she lived with her family.

The owner of her home was gracious enough to let my mom and me into the house to look around.

My mom told the owner how the house looked when mom lived there. The owner was interested in hearing how the house used to be.

It was a good, quick trip and my mom is glad to have gone and that I brought her.

It brought back a lot of memories for both of us. Some sad and most of them good fun, family memories.

We will likely never go back to this town since we have no family left there.

1 comment:

bp said...

Glad you got to go!

That is funny about the Garmin. We have one. Caleb is so funny saying the directions and he will say "destination on right." One time on a trip it said "when possible make a u-turn." We still laugh about that.

Thank you for my special blanket in the mail.