Friday, August 01, 2008

August 1

I can hardly believe it is August 1!!

The boy has swim lessons for another week, which I was not aware of.

The tomatoes are still not ready and I am very ready for the tomatoes to be ripe.

My mom is home and doing well, I will be seeing her tomorrow.

My daughter is doing well with her new job and apartment.

The husband has had a lot of time off lately. I am thankful for that since I have been sick the last two days--though I am better today.

It's been very hot and humid here this summer.

This is the first anniversary of the 35W bridge collapse--it is very sad.

I am trying to get better about using coupons.

I miss some of my old online friends lately. Mostly the comaraderie I think is what I am missing.

People really need to take care of facebook requests one way or another. It's annoying to be in limbo--just check yay or nay people.

Thinking about taking some classes when the boy starts kindergarten next year.

Need to work on moms needlepoint chair covers.

Not liking getting older at all.

Finally got my list of 100 things about me done.

Starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University soon with husband. We are working on getting out of debt and it's going very well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 John 2:6
6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Philippians 1:21
21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Proverbs 12
1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is foolish.

Deuteronomy 7:26
26 Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction. Utterly abhor and detest it, for it is set apart for destruction

1 comment:

bp said...

That's a good update. Sorry you were sick.