Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumn

This has to be my favorite time of year. For many reasons.

One of them is the leaves!! The colors of them. The vivid reds, oranges, yellows, browns and greens. It's just beautiful to see.

Autumn always has a smell to it. Maybe part of that is rotting leaves, but I know part of it is the burning leaves too. That is among my favorite smells.

The cool crisp mornings. The cool sunny days. Even if it is cold, if the sun is shining it is beautiful.

Then there is harvest time. We live near a potato field and corn fields and soy fields.

The potato field is right across the street from us and we always hear the workers in the spring and fall.

The corn fields are being harvested now too and it is strange to see empty fields now as I drive home.

This is my most favorite time of year!!

No comments: