Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fourteen years ago...........

Fourteen years ago this month I was a newlywed by about a month. I was so excited and happy to be married.

We wanted to start a family right away and were hoping for a honeymoon baby.

I got pregnant just a month after we got married. We were very excited at the thought of a baby.

Sadly, it was not meant to be. This was my third pregnancy and I lost the baby at about 15 weeks. I was just heartbroken about it.

I got pregnant again about seven months later. Almost a year after we were married!! Our first anniversary was approaching and I was pregnant!!!

Again we were very happy about it. Sadly, it was not meant to be. This time it was an ectopic pregnancy and I had surgery at about 5 weeks gestation.

I was very ill on my first anniversary.

We waited almost 10 years to be pregnant again. Certainly not for lack of trying.

We tried medically to get pregnant and it just never happened so we gave up.

Much to out surprise and delight, I got pregnant with my little boy!!!
We were a bit nervous but the pregnancy went fairly well and I delivered my little guy at 39 weeks.

When the little guy was two years old, we were shocked to find out I was pregnant again. This would be my sixth and final pregnancy.

Sadly, it was not meant to be. I went for an ultrasound at 8 weeks and there was no heartbeat in my womb. My baby was not alive.

We were absolutely devastated by this. What a miracle to have another chance for a baby. I had a feeling of dread the days before the ultrasound and now I know why.
I think this was the hardest loss of all.

So in the end, I have two beautiful children I am blessed with. I have a beautiful daughter and and a beautiful son. I am blessed with them and my husband.

I know my four lost babies are safe in the arms of Jesus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Corinthians 1:26
For the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.

No comments: