Friday, October 31, 2008

Ramblings from the end of October

*In the 14 years I have lived here we have never once had anyone ring our doorbell on this night. It's been 16 years for my husband. I don't mind.

*Fifteen years ago on this night my daughter was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. She is doing ok!!

*My little guy kind of knows what's going on this night but not really. I am ok with that.

*He has also had a huge growth spurt!! I had to buy new jeans for him because his other ones don't fit anymore. I was shocked.

*In 10 days my mom is having surgery on her other knee.

*I'm beginning to learn to burn bridges. I need to, it's time.

*My husband has been working nights for 3 weeks now and I am ready for him to be done with it. So is the little guy.

*We have beautiful weather right now and through the weekend. Indian summer and it is wonderful.

*I am shocked to think that this time next year my little guy will be in school full time. I have plans!!! LOL

*I like talking to old friends--ones I have known for many years. It's good to have a history like that with people.

*I don't cook much when my husband is on nights. I've been a slacker. I'm ok with that!!

*Still working on that gossip thing and boy is it hard, but I am better about not gossiping I think.

*If I tell you I will pray for you, I will. Usually right then and there. My husband and I were talking about this the other day. I sort of got after him for saying that he would pray and then not praying. We got that cleared up.

*I have really been liking my crochet board lately!! I am so glad I found it too. It has expanded my crocheting horizons a great deal.

*I'm sort of torn between two churches right now. I like the one we all go to a lot but they only have children's church twice a month and I don't want to just go to church twice a month. The little guy doesn't sit well through a whole service yet.
The other church we have been going to every week since my husband has been on nights. They have childrens church every week and it's nice.
What a dilemma..........

I don't think I have anything else right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Ezekiel 34:31
And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.

No comments: