Friday, September 04, 2009

2010 Census

Earlier this year I took the test and filled out the papers to be a census taker in 2010.

The man that was in charge of the whole affair was a flake. He was mad, angry and highly disorganized. He called headquarters looking for help, and got off the phone upset. No one ever came to help him. It was absolutely awful.

The room was packed. People left because they didn't want to wait any longer.

The man threatened us that if the people that left took any of the papers/tests with them, then none of our tests would be valid.

Did I mention that I was there for FIVE hours?? This man was so very disorganized that it took that long to complete everything.

About a month ago, a census taker showed up at my door. Apparently it was just to confirm that I lived here. I told her about my experience.

Today I received a phone call from the Census, asking if I would still be available to help next year!! I said YES!! Then I explained to this man what had happened at the testing site. He could not believe it!

I told him I thought I would not be contacted because of the person giving the test.

He told me he would look into it all. I wonder if I will hear from him again??

I am so glad he called though because this is something I really want to do!!

No comments: