Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April 1 2009 Ramblings

Well, it's April 1st already. And it was snowing here last night. That's no April fools joke either.

I am so tired of winter already. I want to see green grass and blooming flowers. I want to plant my veggies and turn my compost pile. I want to clean up the yard from winter dirt. I want to see the sunshine for more than one day!!

Tuesday my bible study ended. We decided to push through and finish a few weeks early so we could all enjoy the outdoor weather when it finally arrives. We will have our end of the year brunch next Tuesday. After that, me and the little guy will have our Tuesdays completely free. Speaking of Bible studies, if you have any ideas for a good bible study, leave a comment for me please. We are looking for ideas for the fall study.

I also was taking an Alpha course through my church and that ended Tuesday night. It will seem odd not to go to church on Tuesdays anymore!!

I am continuing to crochet. I need to start needlepointing again, but whenever I think about it, someone needs an afghan and I get busy crocheting again.

Same with my reading, or lack of it! I still haven't gotten back into reading as much as I used to.

I signed up the little guy for three sessions of swim lessons this summer! He loves swimming and it's a good time to have him take lessons. I was working when my daughter was small so she was a bit older when she took swim lessons. I am blessed to be able to be home with my son! He is also signed up for T ball again this spring/early summer. He likes that too.

My son will be going to kindergarten this fall. All day every day. It will surely be an adjustment for all of us as he transitions into his school days. It makes me sad that this is the last year I have with him when he is home all the time, but I know he will just love school! He is definitely ready!!

My dog Louie was sick recently. I was a little anxious about it since our other dog Otis was sick and never came home. Four hundred dollars later, the vet still doesn't know what the deal is. But treated Louie with antibiotics and a special diet--which Lou just loves! He seems to be on the mend.

The little guy and daddy made two bat houses. The bats aren't here yet but they needed a new house. They are also making a bunch of bluebird houses this year.

All in all things are going very well here. Nothing too exciting going on.

2 comments:

Longevity said...

Do one on the book "Captivating." It's the counterpart to Wild at Heart and is a really, really good book.

And I like this post!

bp said...

I enjoyed this post.

have you all done any of the Beth Moore studies? The one on the Fruit of the Spirit is great. It's called Living Beyond yourself.