Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Todays topic is Courage.

What does courage actually mean?? I wasn't sure so I looked it up.

This is what I found:

Courage:

*a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear

* also known as bravery, will, intrepidity, and fortitude, the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger

*mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

Then I found some synonyms of courage:
*mettle, spirit, resolution, tenacity = mental or moral strength to resist opposition, danger, or hardship.

Courage implies firmness of mind and will in the face of danger or extreme difficulty .

Mettle suggests an ingrained capacity for meeting strain or difficulty with fortitude and resilience .

Spirit also suggests a quality of temperament enabling one to hold one's own or keep up one's morale when opposed or threatened . resolution stresses firm determination to achieve one's ends .

Tenacity adds to resolution implications of stubborn persistence and unwillingness to admit defeat .

When I think of courage, I think of Anne Frank. And Miep Gies, the brave woman that hid Anne Frank and her family.

I think of Corrie Ten Boom, and her family, who had a strong Christian faith. They had the courage to do what many didn't.

There are thousands upon thousands of examples of people with Courage. I like to study the Holocaust so these are just three examples that come to mind.

The bible talks a lot about being of good cheer and full of courage too.

Today I am thankful for:

* My husband having some time off
* a good pre-school conference!!
* the rain ( not really but we need rain and I am trying to be of good cheer!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philippians 4:20
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Psalm 85:6
Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?

Psalm 121:8
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

No comments: