Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blankets for the Gulf


I found this organization on my crochet board. It provides handmade blankets for the victims of Katrina! I was surprised that there were still so many people in need.
I have been involved with this organization for about 6 months now and I received another request for three blankets. these three are for an elderly woman, her grown niece and the niece's son. I hope they like the afghans. THIS is why I crochet and give my blankets away. (just in case anyone is wondering!)
The blankets are generally about 40x60 inches. That would be about 3 1/2 feet by 5 feet though they are longer than five feet.

4 comments:

bp said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for posting them. I'm going to show my Mom. I think she should join your crochet board. She crochets all the time. Right now she is working on a tree skirt and just bought more yarn for new twin boys about to be born.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are gorgeous!

Beautiful work, Pam!

Longevity said...

I still think you buy them on Ebay =P Beautiful blankets!

Heather said...

Thank you for donating, Pamela! I'm really grateful and am so happy you had some blankets on hand! These are beautiful.
-Heather Foeh
Founder, Blankets for the Gulf