Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yarn............

Yeah, yeah, I know.
About 6 years or so ago, I received some lime green cotton yarn from the local coordinators of Project Linus. It was LIME green yarn. It was atrocious. But who am I to turn down free yarn?? I made many many blankets with this yarn. MANY blankets. I used white with it and made all lime green blankets. I got very tired of this yarn.
So, I gave a lot of it to my best friend and crochet buddy Kim. Kim has made many many blankets with this yarn.
I asked her recently if she had any left and lo and behold she did!!!
So I asked her for enough to make a blanket and she actually had enough and then some.
I can't even tell you how many skeins of this yarn I gave to her, but it was a lot of yarn.
I had to order the accompanying yarn I want to use with it so it will be a few weeks before I am able to work on it but I am excited to make this blanket!! Can you believe that?
Oh, it is one of Kim's favorite colors and she made a beautiful blanket with it. I am using the same second colors that she used so it should be a pretty blanket. I hope.
I will post a picture of it when it is done.  This link has the completed blanket
http://pj-countryroads.blogspot.com/2008/02/lemony-lime-blanket.html

1 comment:

bp said...

I look forward to seeing it when you're done.