Thursday, January 17, 2008

Closings.........Final Thoughts

A message board that I used to frequent is closing. Today is the last day. I cannot say my goodbyes on the board so I am doing it here.
This board was started almost 3 years ago as an offshoot of another board that was much bigger. So I have known some of those women since 2001 when I joined the first board.
I went through my pregnancy and birth and first years of my sons life with these women. We shared intimate details of our lives and our struggles with PCOS and our struggles to raise our babies.
We met. We had two huge Wisconsin Dells meet ups and I met some of the women individually.
I cannot assume to know why the board is closing but I certainly have a very good idea why it is all happening. Sadly, I played a role in the board closing.
I will miss all of the women too. Yes, I said all. They each had their own wonderful personalities and that is what made the board a success.
I have learned a great deal throughout all of this. I have mostly learned that you can't assume anything in life and you really need the whole story, and not just one side, or your own side of the story.
People I thought were friends all along, weren't really.
The whole situation saddens me a great deal. I have not been part of that community for about a month now. I am deeply saddened by the whole incident and most espsecially the board closing, it was a very close knit community.
I will always be thankful for the season I spent on the board and the friendships I gained and the knowledge learned.
I will remember the board and the women with a smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up on your blog post. My heart is hurting too.

bp said...

Hugs to you and your hurting heart. I'm glad we can keep in touch.