Monday, February 11, 2008

Darkening

That's such an odd term, and I can't find anything on the net about it.
But I tried it and it seems to work. Long ago and far away, I belonged to a PCOS site.
On that site was information about darkening your bedroom.
That meant making your room totally dark. It's supposed to help with your body's cycle and your menstrual cycle and to help you sleep more restful at night or during the day.
We made sure no light came in our windows by using special material behind our drapes.
We also covered all the red and blue lights on our television and phone and TV.
We were sleeping in a very dark room and resting well and my cycles were very regular.
It really works and I believe I still sleep more restfully. We have been doing it for about six years or so and the dark room really comes in handy when my husband is working nights and sleeping day.
I also really worked well when my son was born because he shared our room with us for a year. He likes sleeping in the dark too.

No comments: