Thursday, February 07, 2008

Recycling.........

My purpose of starting this blog was originally the Seven Things project. So I was just re-reading the beginning of my blog. It was fun to declutter my house and it really made a difference.
I had a few posts about curbside recycling. We still do that. We've done it all along and continue to do it.
We curbsided some shelves this past summer among other things. When we have larger items we generally put it out to the curb and almost all of the time someone stops for it. It's a great way to recycle.
I also learned to think about what I do with items I am getting rid of.
Does someone I know have a need for it? Can I donate it somewhere? Sell it?
It makes me think twice about what I have and how to find a new home for it. And it makes me think twice about bringing something into my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recycling is awesome! We're fortunate that we have a number of recycling resources close by. One of which is our church. Another is the Habitat for Humanity Thrift shop. They take just about ANYTHING. And, the proceeds go to help an excellent organization!