Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More on Baby Blankets........

I've always made baby blankets and afghans for people, family and charity, ever since I learned how to crochet. I mean a person can only have so many afghans right!?
Since May of 2005, I have made a lot of baby blankets, memorial blankets and adult sized afghans.
I always enjoy crocheting each blanket, from chosing the yarn color, hook to use and stitch, to making it and sending it.
Some people even received more than one blanket!!
I have sent to all over the US, Israel, Australia, Great Britain and Canada. I've sent to people I know and to charities where I don't know the people receiving the blanket.
It has always given me great pleasure and joy to make and send afghans.
In straightening out my roll top desk, I found the index cards I kept names and addresses on.
So I added up the blankets I kept track of and this is what I have made and sent since may of 2005.
Baby blankets to cysters-------------------100
Baby blankets to people, and the hospital--25
Adult Blankets and charity-----------------35
Memorial Blankets--------------------------15
Lest anyone think I am bragging or boasting--I am NOT. I am proud of the blankets I make and this is a hobby of mine that I love. It's really no fun working on a memorial blanket for a mama who has lost a baby. But I have been told that the memorial blankets do bring some amount of comfort and that's why I make them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you can take a hobby and use it to help others.

Our baby blanket is one of our most cherished possessions. It was made with love.

God bless you for all you do.

VivC said...

Your Rivi blanket has a place of honor, wrapped around his urn.

And your Dom blanket is his car blanket...he loves to pull it over himself during car rides!