Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sports Notes

Today is the Superbowl and we will be watching. It's just me, my husband and little guy. I've made a few yummy foods to eat tonight, appetizer type stuff. That's our dinner!!
I am hoping for the Giants to win, though I am doubtful they will win. My husband thinks the Patriots will run away with it all.

About baseball. It's my most favorite sport. I am stuck with a small market baseball team though, with owners who are dirt cheap. They just traded away our best pitcher for four big fat nobodies!! What a sweet deal.
I was telling my husband that in order to have a contending team, the owners need to fork over the money to get and keep key players. They could have offered this pitcher closer to what he was asking and he may have stayed.
It's disappointing to say the least but I refuse to be a fair weather fan. I will root root root for MY hometeam. If they win they do, if they don't they don't, but I will still watch every game this season and every season.
In just about three weeks pitchers and catchers will report for spring training!! I am excited for baseball this year. Just waiting to see what our team can do this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about the baseball. I'm a Yankee fan. God KNOWS they spend for players. They just keep spending for the wrong ones!

Either that or the Hillary Conspiracy Theory holds water. LOL!