Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Clan of the Cave Bear



I became interested in these books in about 1989. I was working and some women were reading these books and I started reading Clan of the Cave Bear. I was HOOKED!! I stayed up late nights reading them.

I asked my mom if she had ever read them and she said she had and so I read her books. At the time there were only three of them published. I didn't have too long to wait for the fourth book of the series but the fifth one took twelve years!!

When the fifth book came out, my husband bid on a limited edition British Proof book from Ebay. He won the bid and I got to read Shelters of Stone almost TWO months before it was available to the public! I was so excited to read the book.

After it was available publicly, the author, Jean Auel, came to Minnesota on tour to sign her books. I went to the signing and she signed my limited addition and even commented on it and asked where I got it. I told her Ebay and she laughed!!

There is one more book due out and there is a community anxiously waiting for that book! I hope it comes out soon. These are books that are kept forever and read multiple times. I recommend reading these books.
 ETA (Feb. 27, 2011) The last book of the series comes out on March 29, 2011
Here is a list of the series of books:
*Clan of the Cave Bear 1980
*Valley of the Horses 1982
*Mammoth Hunters 1985
*Plains of Passage 1990
*Shelters of Stone 2002
*Land of Painted Caves 2011

5 comments:

bp said...

Our library has the first one, I didn't check the others.

Pamela said...

I hope you like it as much as I do!!

Phelan said...

I love that series.

as for commenting, I would do it more, but blogger and my computer are at war. So it never let's me comment as much as I would like. (I am taking my chances now)

second attempt at posting this.

VivC said...

I LOVE these books, too!

Lisa said...

I started reading the series in seventh grade, and well... I'm 35 now and STILL waiting for the last book to come out!

I think I waited 12 years for the last one though....at this rate, I'll be dead by the time she finishes the series.