Thursday, March 27, 2008

I think God is trying to tell me something

The web. WWW. Yahoo, AIM, YIM, Message boards, Yahoo groups, blah blah blah.
My internet community is growing smaller by the day.
I now belong to exactly two PCOS type message boards.
I also still post at my crochet board.

My friends, the ones I trust are now a handful of women.
I think I have learned my lesson. Not to share too much on the internet, and never ever share pictures. And not to mention that it's stressful!

I really think the REAL lesson here is for me to get my butt off the computer and pay attention to the things in life that are important.

Do I really know who I am talking to on the other end of the screen?? NO.
I guess my trust in people on the internet and message boards has disintegrated. Really, I find it hard these days to even trust anyone on the 'net.
How sad is that?? It makes me sad because some of these women I had talked with for many years.

Oh well, we live and learn don't we. And we move on. A new season. I am done weeping over lost friendships on message boards. DONE. I am moving on.

I leave you with Ecclesiastes 3

Ecclesiastes 3
Everything Has Its Time
1 To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.

3 comments:

Tangie said...

I felt this way some time ago, and now I too only have about 3 or 4 people online that I talk to and trust. I have read boards, but I am reluctant to post and rarely do so, especially with things about myself. I even took down Heather's pictures for fear of reprisals! I think it's best we deal with our issues (health and emotional) the old fashioned way - the internet just isn't the place! I'm glad we still have a few people we can talk to.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you both!

Sigh.

It's really sad. Especially when you truly feel like you've bonded with someone only to find out they had a number of other faces you couldn't see.

I have to say though that I am happy for the friends that I've made.

And, good riddance to the ones who weren't.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful passage. Thank you for sharing it, and your thoughts during this journey. :hug