Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gobble Gobble



The above picture is a wild turkey. A group of turkeys is called a rafter. Interesting huh?!
When I was exercising today upstairs in my spare bedroom, I noticed a wild turkey out in the yard in the trees. In all the time I've exercised upstairs, I've never seen anything but birds or rabbits. Today I saw a turkey. Just one. I didn't see anymore the rest of the time I was up there.
We frequently have lots of wild animals visiting since we live out in the country. I have seen a rafter of turkeys in the back yard before.
It was something to help the time go by while I was running/walking on the treadmill and I welcomed the diversion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Mandy.

I'm here briefly, as you will know from your stat counter it's been a while and I was just following a link from my own stat counter.

Just writing to ask you to leave me be. I'm not looking to start anything, I'm looking to end it. Stop asking other people about information on my private life, stop reading my blog, just move on. There was a time when we didn't know each other, and I simply want to go back to that.

I wish you well, and I wish you to lose my phone number so to speak.

Pamela said...

Thanks for your candor--I appreciate it.