Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ramblings and observations

My husband and I have been couch hunting for a long time. We just wanted a simple couch like we already have. But the colors are hideous. So, finally on December 29th we went to our small town furniture store, where we should have gone to start with since it's where we got our last couch. Lo and behold they had the couch and color that we wanted.
We got a phone call today and our couch is finally in!! I think we will go get it today or tomorrow. YAY!! Daughter will get the old couch and she is happy about that.

It is almost spring and I am happy about that. Though since having my son winter is different in that he loves the snow and all that is associated with it.
I signed him up for T ball and I think he will like that since he loves to play with the bat and ball outside.

Now onto blog reading. I started this blog when I started the Seven things project and since I am done with that, I have moved on to just using it to blog stuff I think about etc. A journal of sorts.

This blog is open, not private, so I have no control over who reads it at all.
But I know who visits because I have a counter on it. And I find it interesting the people that do visit continually. A lot of these people are ex friends or aquaintences that are apparently still interested in what I have to say despite what they have said in the past. They are people that seem to be afraid of leaving a comment too. Or maybe it's that they find my blog mind numbing?? Well, if that were the case then why would they continue to visit my blog on an almost daily basis??

I mean these are women that have said nasty things about me. Women that have seemingly no interest in me at all. I just don't understand the constant visiting if that is the case. It's puzzling to me at times. Or maybe they think like I do. That even though we aren't friends anymore, I am still interested in their lives? I know, I know!! It seems very confusing to me too! I haven't yet figured it out. I don't think of reading a persons blog as a "privilege". If you post on a blog on the internet, and it's not a private blog, everyone has access to it. If you post on a message board, it isn't private either.


I read blogs, all kinds of blogs. I read blogs of people I used to associate with and people I am still friends with and blogs that I have no clue who is writing them but that I find interesting.

So maybe some of my more frequent visitors will leave a comment and shed some light on this most confusing subject!!

8 comments:

Tangie said...

Hi Pam! I stop by frequently just to see if you've updated usually and because i'm nosey lol! Having said that, I rarely comment, because tbh I just forget or get sidetracked. But if you flag up a reminder like this, I will usually comment because you've jogged my memory. Have fun blogging!!

Pamela said...

Thanks Tangie!! :)

Erica said...

I read because I like blogs and miss the PCOSM good old days :) I like to see how you're doing.

Pamela said...

Thanks Erica!!

Stephanie said...

I read your blog because we were pregnant at the same time -- I love your 7 things and I have been trying to do that. It is harder than you think it would be;)

Pamela said...

Thanks Stephanie! It seems as though yesterday that we were all pregnant.
I had a great time doing my seven things project, it really helped declutter my house and some weeks it was very hard--especially toward the end when I had virtually gone through my entire house!!

Anonymous said...

Linked via Jenny-mama's blog a while back.

Pamela said...

Thankyou Nicole. :)