Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wow, I'm shocked.

Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? No, I suppose not since it's typed, but believe me, it's there.

There's a message board I joined a while ago. Well, joined is the wrong word since I was "invited". This is a board that developed from a group of women being banned from another site. We had been on yet another board that basically folded.

One of the women started this new board and said it was a clean board with none of the hurtful things from other boards and recent happenings.

I guess my first mistake was in thinking that these women were my "friends". Turns out they really really aren't. As it turns out they aren't many peoples friends at all!!

Follow me so far?? Well here's more. A few months ago some other friends of mine started yet another board. I was a part of that board before it imploded, but it's still struggling along. One thing we wanted to be sure of was to not have "secret" forums where the members could talk about other members. We had all seen it happen and agreed we absolutely did not want any more of that type of board. We wanted a place where people knew about all the board happenings openly. Yes, we have a mod forum but there is absolutely no talking about members there. It is strictly for mod business.

Imagine my surprise--oops, there goes my sarcasm again, when I learned today that this board I was "invited" to has an "inner sanctum". You guessed it. This is the place where these "friends" tear down other members and women from other boards!
Nothing and no one is beyond ridicule. They mock post subjects, what people post on other boards, political views, almost anything is open season.
I was banned from that board for sending a link to the chronicles to two women. I know that in our place that some of those women would have done the exact same thing. the EXACT same thing!
And I wonder if the person that posted the e mail and private messages was banned??? Probably not since she is a co admin of the board anyway. Different rules apply.

Well, I am disgusted. I am so done with message boards. I guess I should have known better. Really. I am so disillusioned right now. With message boards and people.

I.AM.DONE.


Apparently I can add another board I am banned at to the list!! I'm surprised I wasn't made a miserable user.

And struggling?? Yeah, we are all struggling over this. It's not exclusive to one group of women, it's everyone involved.


Please DO NOT use my blog to snipe at other people in the comment area. That is NOT the purpose of this blog.

1 Peter 3:8
8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pamela:

I am heartbroken you are hurt.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you feel hurt and disgusted though I'm not sure you understand that the purpose of the inner sanctum was not oriented to malicious gossip. Take care of yourself and your precious family.

- Jenny

Pamela said...

Thankyou both.
What I don't understand is simply WHY? Haven't we all learned from this before?? Whether of not that was the purpose of it, from where I sit and a lot of others sit, it was malicious period. It was hurtful and it was uncalled for in every way.

The Antipurist said...

Ditto the others. You are a fine person and I like and respect you. I don't like and respect everyone I know, though, and I'm sure you can understand that.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely and have to echo Henna. Everyone is entitled to private conversations and private feelings and thoughts. That someone was malicious enough to openly paste threads about personal hardships and family crises, private discussions, and requests for support speaks louder than anything else.

Chronicles of Evil said...

To answer everyone else here - a few points:

a) Putting them on the net does not make your words "private" (I think there's a post where you discuss that isn't there?)
b) Your gossip wasn't about disagreeing and not respecting people, it was about being b**ches (which you already know).
c) You have the gall to talk about posting stuff about family crises, etc? Wow, you must be immune to your own advice - at least your words were posted without addtional chuckles thrown in (a speciality for you guys).

It could go on all day, but why don't you just wear that shoe that fits right now. You've been busted being the nasty pieces of work that you all are. Oh and where you all expertly refer to various women as nutjobs, lunatics, crazy, etc - might I suggest a few mirrors?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm just not sure who is interested in reading the private conversations of a small group of friends? Or their "girl talk" about their sex lives. To each their own, but it seems rather icky and voyeuristic, to me. Oh well, who is surprised that a bunch of women -- when they feel safe and comfortable with each other -- like to chat about their lives, their sorrows, their joys, people they know, and sex. I'm not sure where the breaking news is, there. But enjoy!

The Antipurist said...

Yeah, I have to agree - it's a little pervy to go through and post our sex life info. People must have very dull sex lives if they think it's scandalous for a bunch of adult women to talk in private about vibrators or female ejaculation.

Pamela said...

Bonnie, I tried to send a reply but alas I am banned. My addy is in my profile her at my blog, please feel free to e mail me. That goes for anyone interested since I don't have access to the board anymore.
I guess I didn't realize how much people disliked me. I should have known really. None of this should be a surprise at all, but yet, it is.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, P... I also feel pretty hurt and will be taking a break.

I did not read the sex-lives stuff (I agree that it's boring), but I sure did read the negative gossip about me.

Anonymous said...

I sent you an email. Just wanted to be sure you got it.

Pamela said...

Saren, I replied to your e mail too.